Thursday, December 17, 2009

Shopping Riyadh

I didn't shop in a single mall while I was in Riyadh. I really dislike malls. Everything is brand-names, new and shiny, and overpriced. The open markets feel much more real... and I can get better bargains too!

My American friend took me carpet shopping to "the best carpet shop in Riyadh!" After spending hours in his store learning about the qualities and histories of each regional style, I have to agree.

Every carpet has a story. Each one an expression of art and heritage. Each hand-made carpet reveals its maker's tribe and country, affluence, and skill. I bought a beautiful red and blue carpet from Afghanistan which look forward to laying out on the floor in my States-side apartment.

14 comments:

  1. Really you have a good stuff and providing splended services across the KSA in carpets industry. Strongly recommended form UAE. We are also one of best carpet supplier in Dubai
    providing carpets in low Carpets Dubai price
    Carpets in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you are looking best carpets in Dubai link carpets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our store have huge collection of carpets,rugs. Here we are introducing hand made rugs Our store have huge collection of carpets,rugs. you can visit us just clicking on our site. ModrenRugsDubai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our store have huge collection of carpets,rugs. Here we are introducing hand made rugs. you can visit us just clicking on our site. ModrenRugsDubai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best Carpets, duplex Blinds by just clicking Motorized Curtains

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shops for sale in islamabad is a forthcoming and emerging real estate housing project in the federal capital.

    ReplyDelete